I’m not sure how it’s already time to do a 2017 list, but here it is. Scroll through my Top 5 Travel Moments of 2017 to add to your places to visit this year, while I start on making memories for 2018 😉
Top 5 Travel Moments Of 2017
Kravice Falls, Bosnia
One of my personal goals for last year, as written here, was to go back to Bosnia and explore my home country. While we only spent 2 /12 days here (split between Sarajevo and Mostar), our morning in Mostar was spent with my Grandma and relatives before my cousins took us to Kravice Falls for the rest of the day. I cannot fully describe the freeing feeling of climbing among the rocks and sitting under and among waterfalls, but it was something special.
From exploring Old Town, to spontaneously booking a sunset boat ride and spending hours laughing at stupid things and reminiscing on our high school years, Dubrovnik was the perfect start to our trip and will always hold a special place in my heart.
The second we stepped off the ferry and onto the Island of Hvar, we felt an instantaneous youthful and fun vibe. I blame this vibe for starting on the cocktails at 1pm and spending the day giggling at Hula Hula Bar, dipping into the fresh water off the bar’s patio and heading out for more drinks on the Croatia Sail boats later that night (we weren’t even apart of a Croatia Sail tour but¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
Hvar post coming next week so stay tuned!
Split was very chill and oozed local cafe culture. We’d walk around Diocletian’s Palace and the Riviera, shop, eat Italian and Mexican and follow every meal up with wine. We also made a day trip up to Krka Waterfalls which was packed, but beautiful nonetheless.
Full Split Travel Diary coming this week!
Fairy Cove, Wilson’s Prom
Since the day we discovered this little piece of magic hidden at Wilson’s Prom, we’ve been raving and dreaming about it. I’m back there at the end of this week, so it’s fitting to reminisce on one of the best Australian Summer days I spent hiking up what felt like a hundred mountains, then sunbathing in privacy at Fairy Cove with nothing but the ocean in front of me and mountains behind.
For more travel content, check out my Croatian Coast vlog:
Personal Goals For 2017
I feel like I changed personality wise a lot at the end of 2017 (more on that in another post/video), and it’s nice looking back at my 2017 list to see that I did every thing bar two. I didn’t return to NYC last year, but I’ve progressed a lot with WWW so let’s just say that one’s in the works.
Here’s a few personal goals for 2018:
- Go on a mini trip during every block of 4 days off I have (I get them every 8 weeks and Byron Bay is the first of many trips).
- While many people are so excited for the destination that they don’t like the travel, I realised that some of my favourite moments during our Croatia trip were the long bus rides. A few hours of sitting in silence, listening to music (just a 4 hour playlist of Dino Merlin, really), and looking out across the hills and coastlines we passed was so replenishing and exciting in itself. So from now on, I’ll make an effort to enjoy the journey as much as the destination (or outcome) – in everything from trips, to career and relationships.
- Network and engage more within the blogging community in Melbourne and go to more events. I started doing this more during December, by meeting up with Demi on a weekly basis to shoot all of our content together and bounce ideas off each other during brunches/dinner. It has been so incredible and definitely something I want to ramp up and continue doing.
- Read (at least) 52 books this year (one a week – I’m currently on track). Also audio books count.
- Stick to my Kayla Sweat workout schedule + continue going to Barre classes once a week
- Buy a car – something I haven’t had since 2014 – because I’m needing one increasingly with frequent shoots/events and will need one even more with even more events and all of these trips planned this year 😉
What are some of the things you want to focus on this year?
Let me know in the comments!