SHOP THE LOOK:
Denim shorts are one piece of clothing that will never go out of style, yet I’ve been putting off buying a pair for years because I can’t find the right ones. My problem is that I like bottoms to be mid to high-waisted, the right shade, and to cover all assets. I’m not picky I promise!
I’ve been silently judging One Teaspoon and their Bandits for years (oops), but I finally stepped out of my comfort zone and grabbed a few pairs over Christmas. Their shorts are usually priced around the $99 – $149 mark, but I kept my eye on their sales and once they went down to 50% off, I pounced.
Turns out, low slung shorts aren’t that terrifying.
A FEW TIPS:
– When buying denim shorts (or anything for that matter), make sure you’re happy with the general cut, texture and shade of the material before buying. However, if you do find that you’ve bought the wrong size, don’t be scared to get it tailored!
– If you can, I recommend trying on your size first in store – keep an eye out for them in General Pants, Universal Store etc. as the sizing tends to vary per style.
NOW, HERE’S MY DENIM SHORT ROUND-UP!
(CLICK ON THE PRODUCT IMAGES TO SHOP!)
1. Ksubi Clas Sick Cut Off Shorts Beat Up Black
2. Riders Hi Mom Shorts
3. OnexOne Teaspoon Bandits
4. Insight Bella Shorts
5. Rusty Hi Road Denim Shorts
6. Nobody Denim Stevie Shorts
7. Bardot Cara Cut-Off Shorts
8. Insight Jojo Shorts
9. Nobody Denim Skyline Shorts
10. Ksubi Clas Sick Cut Off Short Re-Hash
11. Nobody Denim Boho Shorts
12. A Brand A High Relaxed Short